Benefits of the Program
The I-Corps program offers many potential benefits to participants. Here is a short list derived from the experience of past participants.
- Greater understanding of your technology/innovation and how it can benefit society.
- Knowledge about how to commercialize technology and the barriers to adoption.
- New market opportunities that you had not previously considered.
- New skills and toolset that you can use to test innovative ideas, make your research more commercially relevant, and assess potential new ventures.
- Greater self-confidence, and better presentation/interpersonal skills, in typical business settings.
- Savings in time and money through accelerated understanding about the real value of your innovation – from the market perspective.
- Expanded network through priceless interaction with teachers, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Satisfaction in building an innovation ecosystem that will significantly benefit the DC and greater mid-Atlantic region.
- Enhanced career opportunities. Be part of the “Lean” movement and make a “dent in the universe.”
I-Corps was a great experience. It knocked us out of our comfort zones and taught us a lot. If I’d had this information twenty years ago, I’d really have been dangerous!
Kensall D. Wise, William Gould Dow Distinguished University Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science The University of Michigan